While it’s often said ‘one plays golf against him or herself’, the nature of competition and gamification has permeated the ranks of golfers worldwide. This ‘skin carried over’ to HD Golf™ and our integration of golfer competition. Our simulators are setup for incredible, interactive gaming. Long Drive or Closest-to-the-Pin competitions create fast-paced, exciting events with friends, colleagues, members and guests. Golfers love the collection of competitions like Break-the-Glass, Golf Poker, Field-Goal Challenge, Tic-Tac-Toe, Darts, Target Golf and Skills Competitions. There’s even mini-golf for the kids.
1) You should choose the SkyTrak SwingBay Golf Simulator if you have a $10,000 budget and at least 9' high x 12' wide x 16' deep of space. We've done the hard work for you and packaged together an all-in-one solution that gets you the best bang for your buck. This package includes the SkyTrak Launch Monitor & Golf Simulator, the SwingBay Screen & Enclosure, a 1080p HD Short Throw Projector, Projector Ceiling Mount, your Choice of Premium Golf Hitting Mat, a Landing Pad Turf Surface, Side Netting, and an HDMI Cable all normally priced at $7,999 but is on sale now for $6,999!
The Tittle X Golf Simulator provides you with the comfort to practice whenever and wherever. It does a decent job at compressing thousands of dollars’ worth of experience into a 7.9-gram device. The E6-edition software provides authentic representations of golf courses, as well as realistic simulations of how the ball would travel based on your swing. With the swing stick and the safety stick, you do not have to worry about the risks of swinging a club indoors, either. The only drawback here is perhaps the system requirements of the software. Because it generates 3D graphics in real time, it requires you to not only have s system with 1GB RAM from a dedicated graphics card, but also 25 GB of free disk space.
Here is a golf simulator that includes a unique feature which involves a tethered regulation golf ball and optical signal processing technology. This will provide you with un-matched realism. The tethered ball is a brilliant addition that was designed to recreate the impact physics of a golf ball. Moreover, by using a convenient tether (spinning the ball) together with an accurately adjusted pivot, the golf ball will be able to replicate the same forces to the club you are using as a real golf ball. That way, you will experience authentic sound, performance, and feel using your own clubs, from driving to putting.
Whether you want to finally start improving your golf game or want the ultimate addition to your man cave or she shed, a home golf simulator is your answer. One golf simulator surely does not fit all but thanks to the introduction of new technologies and the wide range of convenient all-in-one packages we've put together for you, we hope you have been able to narrow in on your search.
Inaccurate– What most people look for in golf simulations is a way to play the actual game in the comfort and convenience of their own home, and a simulation should feel like the actual game, says Golf Digest. You should not expect anything other than a true simulation when you buy one of these devices, and if you aren’t getting that, then you need to look for a different simulator. Once again, reviews are your friend, and you can use them to tell you what simulators offer the real deal.
On the subject of utilizing your simulator, you’ve got the choice to take advantage of real golf balls, practice balls, or no ball whatsoever to make your swing. Be certain to have a quality golf net or perhaps a projector screen to capture your golf balls if you are using real ones. If you don’t, you might have to open your wallet to pay for some damages.
1) You should choose the SkyTrak Budget if you want the best all around golf simulator package for under $5,000. It is possible to create a DIY golf simulator for less than this, but if you want to save yourself time and avoid potential costly mistakes, you are going to love this package. While this package doesn't have the screen size that the three in the $10,000 and under tier do, the SkyTrak Budget Package gives you the same SkyTrak Launch Monitor and projector with a more budget-friendly hitting bay and golf mat all for under $5,000.
The Fairway Pro is unlike any other golf practice aid. It is a revolutionary golf mat that works based on a patented technology which allows the mat to slide forward in the direction of your swing, so as to simulate the process of carving out a divot on real turf. This makes it much more accurate than conventional golf mats. With traditional golf mats, unless you invest in a soft silicon-based mat of exceptionally high quality, which of course will be very pricey as well, you do not get an accurate feel of real grass. These golf mats have significantly lesser give than real grass. As a result, the club, when swung, tends to bounce off the mat on impact. The force of the impact relays back at you, into the player’s wrist and elbow, while the ball receives much less momentum than it should have.
As well as being able to offer winter golf practice and performance programs for teams and individuals, the TrackMan simulator golf solution also lets you put any extra floor space to good use. TrackMan Performance Studio software is developed using exclusive insights from the world’s leading players and teaching professionals. Features include TrackMan Optimizer, Normalizer, Combine and Test Center.
The OptiShot features a practice mode with visual feedback plus you can play best ball or match play among other game types, and you can even customize the weather. The system itself requires a laptop or desktop computer to work (this will add to your total simulator budget if you don’t already own one) that can be hooked up to the TV or streamed to a projector.
2) You should choose the GC2 SwingBay Golf Simulator if you are a low handicapper and are very serious about improving your game. You will want to go with GC2 over SkyTrak if you want faster shot calculation and improved performance outdoors. Where GC2 really separates itself from SkyTrak indoors is with the Head Measurement Technology (HMT) add-on. GC2's HMT is an additional +$4,900 add-on from the standalone GC2 but this club head data is not a feature included with SkyTrak. Price for the GC2 SwingBay with HMT starts at $18,899.
I am doing a DYI system and would like to have a left and right handed tee position. I only have 12 feet between my walls. The system I have allows to move the hitting position off center by 2 feet. When I set that up, it doesn’t seem like there is enough space between the two hitting areas to stand. What is the preferred spacing and what position do you recommend?
Some systems could cost you as much as $50,000 – $70,000. High-end home golf simulators can be outfitted in nice enclosures, and have the best of everything. If your budget fits into this premium category, it’s best to work with a home golf simulator company directly. It’s a significant investment, and you want to make sure you are going to be satisfied with your money.
The competitive golfer requires accurate, comprehensive measurement to fade & shape their shots on-command. HD Golf™ pioneered Computer Vision Technology in the golf industry, and is the only to use high speed, programmable smart cameras to achieve this level of accuracy. Collectively, our CVT technology & smart cameras deliver pinpoint accuracy & exceptional shot analysis for every shot.
3) Choose the SkyTrak SwingBay Golf Simulator if you are on a tighter budget or have a smaller space but still want to entertain. Have your buddies over or the most fun family game nights with the SkyTrak SwingBay right in your garage or basement. This package comes out of the box with long drive competitions, closest to the pin contests, and more. With optional course software such as The Golf Club, you can tee it up on world-class courses in HD graphics. With The Golf Club, you can even create your own courses and has multi-player functionality.
Sophisticated golf simulator systems such as those found in most modern commercial simulators can cost upwards of $50k. While these systems perform amazingly they’re well over our home build budget. Here we’re recommending using the OptiShot as the “brains” of your home golf simulator because its performance is unrivaled in the $500 and under price range. The “brains” of your system is where you’ll want to spend the majority of your budget because if the simulator itself is not functioning correctly you’re left with nothing more than some balls and a net.
We strongly suggest staying away from the very inexpensive (under $100) or “mini” projectors that seem to be popping up everywhere. The reason for this being that most cheap projectors lack the brightness (measured in lumens) needed to display a good picture in anything brighter than complete darkness. Remember, the brighter you want your simulator bay the stronger you need your projector to be. After all, no one wants to swing in the dark!
2) You should choose the SkyTrak Compact Golf Simulator if you don't have a 12’ wide or 16' deep space that the SwingBay requires. We’d recommend the SkyTrak Compact Golf Simulator Package with rooms that are between 10’ to 12' wide and 12’ to 16' deep. The Compact has a smaller hitting bay and a smaller projectable area than the SwingBay, but has a lower price normally starting at $6,599. The SkyTrak Compact is a great value for smaller simulator rooms.
This is the most crucial piece of the puzzle for your home golf simulator. The actual sensor system you choose will have an enormous impact on your experience. After speaking with Cory, I came to understand that there are endless variables. It all depends on the kind of golfer you are, your budget, the size of your room, how important accuracy is to you, and a host of other factors.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind if you are seriously thinking about investing in a golf simulator. First off, if you want to maximize your user experience, you need to get the simulator working properly. For that, you’ll need a good computer and a decent graphics card to get the best visual image possible or a dedicated high end golf simulator.