This is probably the cheapest way to set up a golf simulator in your home. However, this version of OptiShot is not a launch monitor, and therefore it will not track the ball. The infrared sensors in the OptiShot are there to track your swing before you hit the ball and after you hit the ball. So, if you are looking for a professional and sophisticated golf simulator analysis like you get with the FlighScope or TrackMan, you should look for something else.
Your dream of owning your own indoor golf simulator is now more appealing and feasible than ever. What used to be a $20,000 minimum investment for an accurate golf simulator, can now be achieved for well under $10,000 (or even $5,000!). The best part... you don't have to go to your local country club or pro shop to get on a golf simulator... you can have one right in the comfort of your own home. With an in home golf simulator, you can golf anytime you want with your friends and family, regardless of the weather outside, and start dialing in your distances better than ever before.
This device performs very well considering the price compared to multi-thousand dollar launch monitors. It's extremely easy to use and carry in my bag. I had a problem with it when it first arrived and called Voice Caddy. They were available on the phone, listened to my problem and asked me to send the unit to them. Within hours of them getting the unit, they identified the problem, phoned to tell me about it and shipped it back to me. Not every product is going to work 100% of the time out of the box, it's how the company responds that is important. Voice Caddy did a great job responding.
If you are looking for a complete package that includes everything you need to set up your own home golf simulator, then this bundle is exactly what you should opt for. In this package, you will get an OptiShot simulator, a Callaway 6′ Tri-ball Net, and 18 practice golf balls. The OptiShot is extremely easy to install, configure and use, plus it’s extremely portable.
As well as being able to offer winter golf practice and performance programs for teams and individuals, the TrackMan simulator golf solution also lets you put any extra floor space to good use. TrackMan Performance Studio software is developed using exclusive insights from the world’s leading players and teaching professionals. Features include TrackMan Optimizer, Normalizer, Combine and Test Center.
1) You should choose the SkyTrak Budget if you want the best all around golf simulator package for under $5,000. It is possible to create a DIY golf simulator for less than this, but if you want to save yourself time and avoid potential costly mistakes, you are going to love this package. While this package doesn't have the screen size that the three in the $10,000 and under tier do, the SkyTrak Budget Package gives you the same SkyTrak Launch Monitor and projector with a more budget-friendly hitting bay and golf mat all for under $5,000.
HD Golf Simulators™ redefined the Gold Standard in build-quality and integrated technology. Quality in a refined packaged is immediately obvious from first swing and makes your ownership experience a true pleasure. Our steadfast commitment to the ‘exceptional’ combined with minimal operating and maintenance costs ensures unparalleled reliability for years.
My 9 year old daughter has been playing Golf since she was 3 years old and spends most of her time in the Golf course or the range. Last year I splurged and had a Putting, chipping green and also a Bunker installed in our back yard. That allowed us to spend more time at home and also decreased our practice time in half. I said to her the only thing missing is a Virtual Golf course.
While it’s often said ‘one plays golf against him or herself’, the nature of competition and gamification has permeated the ranks of golfers worldwide. This ‘skin carried over’ to HD Golf™ and our integration of golfer competition. Our simulators are setup for incredible, interactive gaming. Long Drive or Closest-to-the-Pin competitions create fast-paced, exciting events with friends, colleagues, members and guests. Golfers love the collection of competitions like Break-the-Glass, Golf Poker, Field-Goal Challenge, Tic-Tac-Toe, Darts, Target Golf and Skills Competitions. There’s even mini-golf for the kids.
A ceiling height of 10 feet is a “safe” distance that can accommodate most golfers’ height and swing type. Cory mentioned that he was able to build a simulator in a room with a ceiling of 8′ 2″. However, the couple was shorter than average and had very flat swings. It may be possible for you to swing clubs freely in a ceiling lower than 10 feet depending on your height and how flat or vertical your swing is. Don’t forget to consider other golfers who might be using the space if you plan on having friends or family members use it also.
2) You should choose the SkyTrak Compact Golf Simulator if you don't have a 12’ wide or 16' deep space that the SwingBay requires. We’d recommend the SkyTrak Compact Golf Simulator Package with rooms that are between 10’ to 12' wide and 12’ to 16' deep. The Compact has a smaller hitting bay and a smaller projectable area than the SwingBay, but has a lower price normally starting at $6,599. The SkyTrak Compact is a great value for smaller simulator rooms.
This is the same golf simulator that a lot of pro shops use. It comes packed with all the features, like weather effects, portable design, detailed readouts and more. It’s one of the most expensive simulators you will find, so consider if it fits into your budget before you get too interested in it. If you plan to simulate the game for the long haul, though, then this is probably the way to go.
The OptiShot comes with a one inch high by approximately one foot long hitting surface where the actual ball striking occurs but it doesn’t give a realistic golf feel swinging up on a ball. For this reason, most opt purchase a golf mat to inlay the OptiShot striking surface and bring their body up to the same level as the hitting green. A quality 3 ft x 5 ft golf mat will set you back around $70. You can either cut out a spot on the mat where your OptiShot will go or you can set the OptiShot alongside the mat if you don’t want to do any alterations.
If you are serious about lowering your handicap, pairing a high performance launch monitor with a golf simulator enclosure that you can put in your home may be the best investment in your golf game that you have ever made. With one of the below packages, you can start playing the game you love every single day, rain or shine, and have more performance data than you've ever had.
3) You should choose the OptiShot 2 Practice Package if you just want to get started with golf simulation. While OptiShot 2 is not as accurate as SkyTrak and doesn’t provide as much realism, some people just want to swing a club and get some feedback on their shots. This package includes the OptiShot 2, The Net Return Home Series Net, and Pro Turf Golf Mat and is a cheap golf simulator priced at $1,199.
2) You should choose the SkyTrak Practice Package for the lowest cost SkyTrak package. You don’t get a projector or projector screen with this package but that saves you about $1,200! Hit into The Net Return net and display your shot data on an iPad, PC, or better yet, hook it up to a TV. This is a highly portable setup too allowing you to take apart your Net Return net within minutes making this an excellent outdoor golf simulator.
2) You should choose the GC2 SwingBay Golf Simulator if you are a low handicapper and are very serious about improving your game. You will want to go with GC2 over SkyTrak if you want faster shot calculation and improved performance outdoors. Where GC2 really separates itself from SkyTrak indoors is with the Head Measurement Technology (HMT) add-on. GC2's HMT is an additional +$4,900 add-on from the standalone GC2 but this club head data is not a feature included with SkyTrak. Price for the GC2 SwingBay with HMT starts at $18,899.
Overall, this simulator works great, won’t break your bank, and would be a great gift for any golfer. Compared to other simulators, this one has an appealing price tag, so it should be within budget for anyone who loves the great game of golf. Of course, this unit will not replace a whole driving range or a real golf experience, but it does what it says on the package and will be a nice addition to your golf accessories.