2) You should choose the GC2 SwingBay Golf Simulator if you are a low handicapper and are very serious about improving your game. You will want to go with GC2 over SkyTrak if you want faster shot calculation and improved performance outdoors. Where GC2 really separates itself from SkyTrak indoors is with the Head Measurement Technology (HMT) add-on. GC2's HMT is an additional +$4,900 add-on from the standalone GC2 but this club head data is not a feature included with SkyTrak. Price for the GC2 SwingBay with HMT starts at $18,899.
“As a professional golfer and tech enthusiast, I demand the best & most advanced equipment available. I love the HD Simulator because of its incredible realism & pinpoint accuracy. I was amazed at the technology and playing experience. My coach and I really like using the integrated video swing & weight transfer analysis to fine-tune my swing in real-time. When it comes to simulators, there is simply no comparison to HD Golf.”
As easy to play as the games, are their management. Our user-interface and integrated, cloud-based, mobile-friendly HD Clubhouse Management Software is brilliantly simple. Use it to quickly setup and manage leagues, tournaments and advertising with ease. The Player Locker Room stores golfer stats, allows players to review lessons and the Communication Portal connects golfers to you. This allows you to showcase tournament winners, upcoming events and prizing.
In reality, a golf swing happens very quickly, and can be difficult to improve, especially when you don’t have analytics and recording technology to visualize the swing. Subtle adjustments can result in dramatic improvements – it’s critical you understand your individual swing dynamics. You don’t need to be computer savvy to use the Golf Studio. The integrated Golf Studio operates from a single touch screen, and is simple to use.
If you’re lucky enough to live in an area where there is a local golf center with simulators and indoor driving ranges/domes consider yourself blessed. Today’s commercial golf simulators really are top of the line and the spacious room allowing you to use your full swing really is priceless. Unfortunately though these simulators can be both crowded and costly as they look to cater to all of the other anxious golfers who are not so patiently awaiting the arrival of spring.
This simulator does not come with as many accessories as some of the previous entries. However, what it may lose in versatility, it gains in technical prowess. The 3D Swing Analyzer is essentially a sensor that you wear on your hand that can connect to any device via Bluetooth. It analyzes the quality of the swing by measuring parameters such as club speed, club plane, backswing length, tempo, etc. But the real magic begins once your swing has been recorded. The Zepp Golf 2 has instant feedback capabilities, providing you with instant swing analysis as soon as your swing is complete. This prompt feedback allows you to improve your technique with each swing, making your practice session much more fruitful than it would have been otherwise.
Excellent concept! Works as advertised. Everything is plastic so it wont rust but also effects durability. The golf bag clip feels flimsy and only time will tell how long it will last. Fits and holds my s7 phone perfectly. Prefer this device over having my wife film me because the recording is far more stable. Nice velour bag keeps everything together. I like it.
Something to note about Skytrak is that currently it only gives ball data (spin, distance etc). It will not provide measurements on your actual swing. The unit itself must be next to the golf ball, and some people have had issues with damage from errant swings. However, Cory believes Skytrak is going to fit the needs of most golfers at this price level. SkyTrak has several software integrations that will allow you to play golf courses and has a tremendous native software package for practice.
People opt for the projector setup because it simulates hitting the ball right down the fairway into the screen. Because of this you’ll obviously need a durable screen to hit into or a protective net in front of it. Good projector screens that are strong enough to withstand repeated drives with a real golf ball can be quite expensive but there are a number of ways to get around this on a budget. Here are a few options:
3) Choose the SkyTrak SwingBay Golf Simulator if you are on a tighter budget or have a smaller space but still want to entertain. Have your buddies over or the most fun family game nights with the SkyTrak SwingBay right in your garage or basement. This package comes out of the box with long drive competitions, closest to the pin contests, and more. With optional course software such as The Golf Club, you can tee it up on world-class courses in HD graphics. With The Golf Club, you can even create your own courses and has multi-player functionality.
3) You should choose the SkyTrak Retractable Golf Simulator if you want your room to have multiple functions. This package has a retractable screen, allowing you to return your room back to normal when not in use making it an excellent garage golf simulator. The included HomeCourse Retractable screen can mount to your wall or ceiling and when paired with a portable golf mat like the Real Feel Country Club Elite, you will still be able to pull your car into your garage when not in use. The SkyTrak Retractable normally starts at $6,099 but is on sale now for $5,499 ($600 Off).
1) You should choose the SkyTrak SwingBay Golf Simulator if you have a $10,000 budget and at least 9' high x 12' wide x 16' deep of space. We've done the hard work for you and packaged together an all-in-one solution that gets you the best bang for your buck. This package includes the SkyTrak Launch Monitor & Golf Simulator, the SwingBay Screen & Enclosure, a 1080p HD Short Throw Projector, Projector Ceiling Mount, your Choice of Premium Golf Hitting Mat, a Landing Pad Turf Surface, Side Netting, and an HDMI Cable all normally priced at $7,999 but is on sale now for $6,999!
HD Golf™ has extensive engineering capabilities extending throughout and within hardware, software and mechanical design. We design & build all critical system components in-house and ensure seamless system integration. Most competitors cobble together 3rd party hardware and software to make their simulators – resulting in compromised reliability & system incompatibilities.
2) Choose the GolfZon Vision Standard for the most realistic and entertaining golf simulation experience in the world. Voted "Best Luxury Golf Simulator of 2019" by Golf Digest, GolfZon is truly in a league of their own if you have an unlimited budget. Beyond their high-precision club and ball sensing technology, their Vision Standard model features an impressive auto tee up system, realistic 3D graphics on over 190 world class golf courses, online events, multi-player functionality for up to 6 golfers, and a variety of arcade golf games that are a blast for the whole family.
We invented revolutionary image processing software to combine high-resolution digital-images, satellite data and geophysical data into 3D models. We are the only manufacturer to use this method and real course data. HD Golf™ transports you to the world’s most exceptional golf courses – it’s like being there. All other simulator manufacturers use conventional 3D graphics and artist renderings, which look like a video game, not the actual course.
If you are just looking to have fun and play some golf, just about any simulator will do the job. But if you want to improve your game and get good stats, feedback, and improve your game, then do your research and buy a simulator that fits your needs. If you are just starting out and trying to learn the fundamentals each “device” has its place and time in your journey through your golf game as it evolves also. So as with anything as Tom said earlier, you get what you pay for, and be realistic in your expectations for each device. The pros use simulators that cost over $100,000 to help their game, but they also use something as simple as towel under their arm during simple drills to help them with a swing thought. So throwing money at your swing won’t make you better, you have to practice and learn this game to get better. Once you understand your swing, grip and stance, then you can start on the other 1,000 tweaks to make your game better. So before you make a big investment in a simulator, make sure you are getting what you want: Recreation or Improvement.
We anxiously wait as the snow melts and the ground dries to take the first few hacks of the Spring. Then with regular playing over the course of the Summer we actually look competent out on the course, just in time for October to hit and the clubs to get shelved for another six months. Trouble is that the time next Spring arrives we’ve lost all the gains that were made last year and it’s just like starting over.
The Rapsodo, with its simulator, is a great alternative to an actual day on the course, as well. Even during the worst of seasons, you can consistently practice and maintain your daily golf routine simply by hooking it up to your computer and receiving feedback on your swings on your screen. The only roadblock you might face in that process, however, is that the nature of the sensor is such that you do need to be hitting an actual ball with an actual club in order for it to be effective. So, you may have to invest in a golf net and a golf mat if you do not own these already.
Depending on if you were able to find some good deals on the screen and projector you may have some budget left over to really turn your space into a golf simulator heaven. For example, if you’ve built a wooden frame for the simulator you might want to cover the boards with a foam covering because shanks hit into the wood and can be unpredictable.
Our Flex Space golf simulator package does just this. Featuring a retractable golf simulator screen, and a golf mat that can be rolled up like a rug and put away, this package allows you to convert any room in your home into your own personal golf sanctuary. The best part is once your done, simply retract the screen and store your golf mat, and your space returns back into its original form.
The amount of space you have in your home for a golf simulator is also another critical factor to consider. Cory stressed that you want to have enough space to swing a club comfortably. Many times he has seen clients squeeze simulators into small spaces. They may have seemed appropriate before installation, but the golfers found it very difficult to swing freely once the screen and net were set up.
Not Considering Your Needs– Do you really need a simulator with all the bells and whistles? Do you need one that offers dozens of simulated courses when you will really only play a couple courses in real life? It depends on how far you want to go with your training and if you use the simulator as a substitute for the real thing. Some people use simulators to experience what other courses are like that they will never visit, and you need to factor in your preferences when you purchase a simulator to ensure you are getting something that fits you well.
Although the infrared sensors are the Optishot’s main features, it might not be enough for the experienced golfer. The reason is that this device will not measure the golf ball like many other systems out there. You’ll likely make a great shot every single time you hit the ball because OptiShot does not take into account gear effect and therefore doesn’t track the ball.